View Single Post
Lieutenant
# 120
03-29-2013, 12:16 PM
The One thing I've been able to do is look at the log in/character select screens, because of this bizarre pointer bug that's plaguing the test server, preventing me from actually logging in.

But I think the log in/character select is good as is, miles better than what we have now as it nails something the game has always struggled with, atmosphere.

Granted, it nails it from orbit (it's the only way to be sure after all), but it still nails it and looks pretty slick with the LCARS UI to boot, especially the TNG theme. A friend was good enough to stream tribble for me so I could get a good look at it in action. TTC did a fantastic job with the new UI, far FAR better than the old one. (You can see for yourselves here: http://www.twitch.tv/xydsx_input21/b/383771957)

As for the BOFF dialog boxes, it's a bit silly to be talking to them over a viewscreen when in space, perhaps a separate background element of them next to a console or what have you? Or perhaps backgrounds of various areas of the ship depending on what their rating is? (Engineer, Science, Tactical)