View Single Post
Captain
# 27
03-30-2013, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztempest View Post
Not quite. For example...there has never been an instance in this game where a Klingon vessel with Federation Tags engages in warfare against the Empire on the side of the Federation.
I'm not talking about the game, there. I'm talking about canon. In canon the KDF and Feds were allies. They aided each other, they exchanged officers, and so on. I don't see how the game is going to handle that any differently.

Quote:
However....that is EXACTLY what is going to happen with the Romulans. In fact...from a story perspective, the Romulan society will be in a perpetual state of Civil War, with Romulan vessels firing on each other, and working for one side or another.
Let's not fool ourselves. Most of the time Fed Roms will be shooting at KDF Roms only in PvP - and PvP is a minority of the player-base. Plus no one does PvP to role-play. If that were the case you'd never see KvK or FvF PvP in the game.

The rest of the time Roms will be shooting Tal Roms.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.