View Single Post
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
04-01-2013, 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorceror01 View Post
You seem to be taking Cryptic's usage of the name as an affront to the author. This probably is not the case in the slightest, considering how Crytpic has to acquire permissions to use anything in STO that haven't explicitly appeared in the TV shows or the movies (excluding Star Trek XI).

And I fail to see how Cryptic (or CBS for that matter) being picky about what gets introduced into their game, in whatever fashion and time frame, is a bad thing.
Not saying they are being picky, but again they could've looked up that name and say "oh it's refering to the Drone ship, let's find another name". But instead its more like "oh this name looks good, lets use it".

Then changing the classic BoP into a Warbird, "because of gameplay reasons".

Quote:
I'm not even bashing Star Trek fans, considering I'm one myself. I'm admonishing Star Trek fans who take their interpretation of canon a smidge too seriously.
Sorry, I offend people for being "serious", but I'm a person who deals with accuracy and not going to just stand idly by while Cryptic alters canon or novel canon at their whim.

As I said, T'Liss was used in the novels for the Romulan Drone ship, if they decided to add the Drone ship (which is called a Warbird) and called it the T'Liss then I wouldn't have an issue. But instead they used it for the name of the Romulan Bird-of-Prey and turned it into a Warbird (which it is not).

Do the right thing Cryptic, change the name.

Quote:
I even stated that I already knew these reasons, and still found it ridiculous.
Besides, while the Klingons may have gotten the ship designation "Bird-of-Prey" from the Romulans, the Klingons made them much more iconic than the Romulans ever did. When people think "Bird-of-Prey", they most likely jump right to picturing a Klingon one.
Warbirds are the ships that people associate most with the Romulans, since Romulan Warbirds had more on-screen appearances than any Romulan Bird-of-Prey ever did.
Look, its canon that Romulans used Bird of Preys, and we can't stick fingers in our ears in pretending they don't exist. Even if Klingons made them more popular.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Coming!