View Single Post
Captain
# 5
04-01-2013, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalpen View Post
I am sorry that you are feeling "bummed" by the reaction from last Fridays last cryptic but lots of people are very confused.
Within a few moments, I am going to listen to the podcast.

I hope this is not an April Fools joke.

As I have said in many threads, the only problem Cryptic has is in communicating. Once the interviews and advertising conflicts, the players will start to react in a very negative manner.

After the new website went up, the impression everyone got was that a full-blown Romulan faction was on the way. Within a matter of a few days, all the interviews, blogs, and statements started to conflict.

Reference One: Ask Cryptic: Legacy of Romulus
Quote:
Q: (midniteshadow7) Will the Romulan Faction have their own Fleet System, Starbase, and Holdings? Will there be any new Fleet Holdings?

Dstahl: This is an important question that needs a detailed answer.

The Romulan Republic was created from the ground up as a complete new faction. They have their own backstory, their own exclusive missions and episode series, exclusive costumes, faction-exclusive social hub, unique playable species, a full ship progression line from level 1 to 50, unique HUD UI, and more. What they don?t have are their own Starbases. There are many reasons why we?ve made this decision and here?s one of them.
Reference Two: Legacy of Romulous Info. Page

Quote:
Start as any Faction

Create your first character as a member of the Federation, Klingon Empire, or Romulan Republic and level your captain from 1 to 50.
Quote:
Play as a Romulan

Play as a Romulan or Reman and immerse yourself in new story-driven missions written exclusively from the Romulan Republic's point of view.
According to those above statement, the Romulans will be a full independent faction. Once the following was added, later the next day, the new information contradicted the first information.

Reference Three: A note from dStahl:

Quote:
We are happy that many players appreciate our decision to have the Romulans join existing FED or KDF fleets at launch. We realize that not everyone understands or agrees with why we did this, but it is the best decision for Star Trek Online. As stated in the Ask Cryptic, we will consider allowing the construction of Romulan Starbases in the future, but at launch, we want to recognize all the effort that existing Fleets have put into their Starbases and not introduce a "must start over" approach this early.
Cryptic doesn't communicate clearly.

Regardless about what we finally obtain, I will just be happy to play as a Romulan. I just wished Cryptic was not being so cryptic.

Last edited by linyive; 04-01-2013 at 02:50 PM.