View Single Post
Career Officer
# 917
04-01-2013, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog0000doom View Post
thers an easy way to stop this while keeping the grind as u call it removed dilthium from starbases a move that no one will mind starting a new base
Sadly, I don't think they're ever going to do that.

Call me a cynic, but I think there are two ulterior motives at play here.

1. To obtain significant amounts of Dilthium for free, you have to spend a lot of time ingame mining it, running STFs or whatever else it is you do to acculumate vast quantities of this material.

And the uses for it are so numerous, you have to pay in Dilithium for crafting, Starbase Requistions, Starbase and Embassy Projects, the Dil Store, Rep gear projects, and so on.

So what you're doing is essentially logging hours not doing much at all.
Which looks good, because Cryptic can say players are spending X time online in our game.
And not mention the fact that time is spent doing barely anything practical.

2. Money.

Should you not want to invest massive amounts of time in farming Dilithium, you are given the option to buy it.
To do so, you have to buy C-Points to convert to Zen.
Which puts money in their pockets.
And given that the Dil exchange has not yet returned to it's normal value, this is currently more costly then it should be.

I know personally I am buying less Dil now since I can't afford to keep injecting it into it's various uses, it's just getting too expensive.

So, given the above conditions, it's highly unlikely that Dilithium will be minimized.