View Single Post
Career Officer
# 15
04-02-2013, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rattraps123 View Post
Your computer is OVERCLOCKED, your going to have " Heat Issues " ... Sto is not causeing your computer to overheat. You also didn't even say what kind of video card you have. or any other details about your system build.
Actually you're quite wrong there. STO is the only game that has ever been a post release game on two computers over the course of three OS's using three different graphics cards using both DX 9 and DX 11 that has ever pushed my cards temp over the top. I have never overclocked any of my rigs.

As a player that's been here since beta, I can tell you it's been a persistant issue the entire three years. Granted it became much more manageable as time has gone by however at this point three years later we should not be experiencing this on any computer overclocked or not. It's been a problem since launch that they've never buckled down and fixed, just like the flickering problem in instance backgrounds.
Is hoping that Isis is an adequate replacement for the Sensor Targetting Assault loss we'll experience in Season 9.