View Single Post
Captain
# 7
04-03-2013, 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathofachilles View Post
This is not an original idea from me, I saw it when reading through a thread quite some time ago. The name of the one who suggested it escapes me, so unfortunately I can't give credit. But at the time I saw the suggestion, I didn't really think much of it, but as I've been playing and trying to figure out just how to outfit my ships while accommodating their "special consoles," I realized, "Wow... it really would be super helpful if these "universal consoles," particularly the ones that can only be used on the ship it came on, were a device so I wouldn't have to agonize over which arguably more useful console I was going to give up." Removing tactical consoles is out of the question, so the decision becomes, am I going to cripple my shields? have no armor? reduce turn rate cause I won't have room for an rcs?
You realize that this is part of balance? If you want to equip a crit console, then you should have to give up on a field generator, armor console, or RCS accelerator. It means you have to trade one stat for another.