View Single Post
Ensign
# 238 Crashing after playing
04-03-2013, 11:45 PM
Having a slight problem with closing STO after a clean reinstall of it (I couldn't hit the engage button after changing the engine to the WS9Wine1.5.26).

Every time I'm done with STO, and close it, whether it be through the game's internal exit button, Cmd+Q for via the Force Quit Application window, my laptop grey screens.

From here I can do one of two things: Open the Force Quit window, which shows that no applications are running (not even Finder), or press the power button briefly, which will open the typical power down options, however after clicking any of the buttons (with exception to the cancel button) the window simply closes and does nothing.

Laptop is a 13 inch Late 2011 Macbook Pro with 2.4GHz i5 Intel processor, the stock 4GB of RAM, and runs OSX 10.8.2 build 12C60. STO runs on the 2.5.8 wrapper and the WS9WineCX11.2.0NoXInput2 engine.

[Edit] - Yesterday I updated OSX to the latest version, and the issue has resolved itself... Kinda.

Instead of getting grey screens all the time, after closing STO, I am getting the same grey screens when simply clicking on the STO Launcher Icon, but only some of the time. It's nice being able to stick to a single OS for everything, but if the problem persists, I will probably start using bootcamp to play it again.

Last edited by doctordurden; 04-05-2013 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Update on situation