View Single Post
Empire Veteran
MD: 1.1223
Scene: A Restaurant on New Romulus

<<last time>>

Aelis S'tariennye lh'Rheu approached the table with a grace that reflected her years, wisdom ? and inner strength.

Hauk eyed the Romulan admiral's approach with a half cocked smile.

Here was a lady who had bested his father on the field of battle. Hauk held no ill will for the death as it had been one born from combat ? a death worthy of entrance into Sto'Vo'Kor.

Here also was a woman who Hauk himself had tangled with in more ways that one and whose ?

"So Hauk, how our daughter, Arrhae, these days?" asked Aelis. "I hope she continues to serve your noble house well and brings honor to both our families."

<<and now>>

Jarmon Sollace spewed his ale.

"Daughter?" he sputtered.

Hauk offered up a knowing grin as those who knew him also knew how dedicated he was to his wife, Sal.

"Arrhae's father died while she was still young," the Klingon explained. "I adopted her formally into my family's house ... with her mother's permission, of course."

Aelis took a chair between the two.

"I admit it took some convincing," she said. "After all, my daughter wanting to join a Klingon house ... even one as noble as the House of Rha???"

The Romulan Admiral signaled to the waiter the universal sign that ...regardless of culture ... meant 'I'll have what they're having.'

She turned back to the others, smiling thinly.

"If this were even a few decades ago, it never would have happened, but we live in different times."

Aelis accepted the mug offered by the server and offered up a quick word of thanks before continuing.

"Besides, I like the General, here ... even if he is a touch too formal at times."

"Formal?" Jarmon laughed briefly. "Yee have nah seen him when he's been deep in the bloodshine, have yee?"

"Bloodshine?" asked Aelis.

"t's a concoction my crew developed that is a blend of a Terran alcohol called moonshine and Klingon Bloodwine," explained Hauk. "It is ... a strong beverage."

Jarmon laughed again. "Ask his Ferasan first officer aboard the I.K.S. Qu'In 'an bortaS to send yee the holo-recordings of his ... shall we say ... performance."

One of the Romulan's eyebrows arched skyward. "Performance? ... Was he singing on tables again?"

"Let us say that it was a rather interesting rendition of Shakespeare," Jarmon said with a grin.

Hauk coughed, worked to quickly change the subject.

"Shall we get down to business?" he asked Aelis.

Respectfully,

--- Gen. Hauk
Joint Forces Commander
Alliance Central Command

----OOC----

Continuing to advance the storyline.

And for those curious, the bloodshine and Hauk's performance of Shakespeare refer to the Gates of Sto'Vo'Kor episode ? ?Hamlet and Bloodshine.?

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!

Last edited by genhauk; 04-04-2013 at 10:44 AM.