View Single Post
Career Officer
# 19
04-04-2013, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Hi Captains,

With Legacy of Romulus due out next month, and the introduction of a third faction, the time has come to start thinking about a forum reorganization. As you are the community and utilize the forums, I'd love to get your input and suggestions. Ultimately, I'll also need to make sure that the organizations make sense for the Dev team as they are reading the forums for feedback constantly, but I'd really like to involve you all in the process.

So, let's get started! Feel free to make descriptive suggestions or post something like this:

STO Forums
.Information and Discussion
..Federation News Network
..Release Notes
..Dev Tracker

etc, etc, etc.

Feel free to use the index as your guide: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php

Here's a few questions we should also think about:

Should the shipyards sub-forum (builds, feedback, not art, etc.) still be separated by faction?
Are there any forums that you think should be combined?
Is STO discussion and General Community Feedback too similar or should we keep them separated?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and suggestions

Once we all come to, or at least try to, a consensus, the changes will be made. The goal for this is a week or two before the expansion launches. NOTE: These changes will not include the future update mentioned here, nor will anything else be changing at this time, other than what forums we have and the organization of them.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
My only thought on Forums Structure: We NEED a general game/system mechanics forums. It feels weird that the most talk about how the game works is in the PvP forums (and it feels intimidating for those of us who don't PvP to post in there). This sub-forum would be the best place to discuss current features, balance, and suggestion for future features/mechanics.