View Single Post
Cryptic Studios Team
# 5
04-04-2013, 01:11 PM
- Reserved for my comments -

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainmal3 View Post
...One unique thing that actually matters at endgame, is that really too much to ask?

Romulans fly Warbirds and Warbirds use Singularity Cores and Singularity Cores give you this exclusive power bar that levels up with your rank and power use. More details coming in a future blog.
http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/...ps433e6e83.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by commandersalvek View Post
..Do me the courtesy of allowing uniforms from the Trek series (classic, tng, ds9 and movie) to be purchased in the C stores...
You'll unlock a Tal Shiar uniform in one of the Romulan Republic episode series. We also plan to have other classic uniforms available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrorseacat View Post
...Will we have Romulan Warbirds for all levels as we level up...
Yes there are Warbirds at every tier. You have Romulan ship options your entire career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
So here's my question: can Romulans access off duty uniforms? Is there anyone looking at applying those to Klingons as well?...
This work is still underway and we're trying to see what we can and can't do with the existing uniforms. We would like to see off-duty for both, but there are some limitations we might have to deal with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toiva View Post
Hmm. Will Romulans have Romulan doffs...
Romulans will gain access to their own starting Romulan DOFFs (instead of flying to FC or SFA) and will receive Romulan DOFFs at level up points. There will also be Romulan DOFFs added to packs, a Romulan themed pack is in the works, and we are also adding Romulan themed DOFF missions. ROMs can use their allies DOFFs as well. Allies can start to receive Romulan and Reman DOFFs also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
40 levels worth...Thats a hell of a lot more than the Feds have.
To set the record straight, we expect Romulans to be around level 40 when they complete their exclusive storyline AND the Romulan Feature Episode series. What we're ending up with is exclusive episodes for FED/ROM/KDF that culminate in the Romulan Feature Episode series. From that point forward, everyone starts to head into both the additional Feature Episode Series and current End Game content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegon1ice View Post
..The real best thing to stop the worries of the playerbase now would be unlock Romulan play...
As stated, we will be opening up a Romulan Play BETA on the TRIBBLE test server later this month. We'll share details of that soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernandojimenez View Post
An easy question: FED and KDF players can't group together, they have different factions so, can FED Romulans and KDF Romulans group together?.
This will depend on what they are grouping up for. If it is Romulan missions, then yes. If it is Faction specific PvP then no. If it is an event that allows cross-teaming then yes. If it is a Fed/KDF specific Fleet Action (SB24) then no. Our goal is to allow cross-faction teaming wherever we can and limit FED/KDF only where necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
What about the Foundry?
At launch, Romulans will not be able to play Foundry missions until they choose an ally, and then they can only play Foundry missions created for that Ally. As many have suggested, we will be adding a new filter that will allow Foundry authors to create Romulan specific missions that only Romulans (allied with* either faction) can fly and team together for. No ETA has been provided at this point. *edited so Kirksplat isn't confused anymore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudoku7 View Post
Hoping to see an explicit remark regarding the Liberated Borg. I am assuming it won't be an option at this point, but I would still like to see it.
We're considering the liberated Borg, but we have some details to work out, including other details surrounding veteran rewards which is why we aren't talking about it very much yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostusthorn View Post
Well, unless you guys can't top the writing and questing in The Secret Word, i doubt my mind will be blown.
Great game. Brandon's mind was blown, but that doesn't mean that your has to be. Personally, I think it is some of the best mission work the team has ever done, but everyone will be entilted to their own opinions, good or bad. At the end of the day, it is something new and if you enjoy it great! If you didn't, then sorry we disappointed you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefl View Post
...If you don't like it don't play it. It doesn't get any simpler than that.
Thank you. No one is forced to play a Romulan. You may not agree with how we've implemented them and we are sorry if this doesn't meet your expectations. Some people will love it, others won't. You simply can't please everyone. That is an impossible task.

Quote:
Originally Posted by casiopia254 View Post
Funny, you have not sent a reply about the fact that people are upset with romulans being able to fly Starfleet an Klingon ships...
We acknowledge that it is a hot topic, but we have no comments at the present time other than we're looking closely at the feedback. Doesn't mean it will change, but we are understanding that this is upsetting to some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainmal3 View Post
What ship is that? Speaking of ships, are there going to be non-d'deridex style warbirds available at top level? Birds of prey and suchlike, I mean. And if there are, how similar will romulan birds of prey be to klingon ones? And do all romulan ships have singularity cores or just the larger warbird ones?
The ship in that screen is the ship that I upgraded to after joining the Republic Fleet and reaching level 11. It is exclusive to the Romulan Republic. There will be a blog later that goes over the ships and details. There will be a variety of Rom Republic ships at end game, it isn't just D'Deridex only. Most of the ships you fly in the Republic will have End Game versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerfan9751 View Post
I am curious how this effects the layout of Federation Missions? while I don't remember the specific place in the Federation storyline, The Romulan Featured Episodes are not at what I would call the end of the Federation progression. Will we be seeing a reshuffling of Federation story missions?
We are significantly shuffling the KDF episode flow, and we may end up doing the same to the Feds, but it really boils down to how challenging it can be to move things around, especially to existing players. It is easier for the KDF because we are filling in missing levels and it makes sense to drop level requirements and move others. For example the Devidian series along with the other FE series are now much later in KDF progression.

The key point is "exclusive" missions. FED/KDF/ROM will now have exclusive series tabs that no other faction has at least up to the Romulan FE series. From that point forward, most of the missions are now becoming shared for anyone (which is why you're seeing us start to open up some of the Cardassian missions for KDF (and Roms will get these too).

This allows us to establish a unique perspective for each of the 3 factions on the Iconian plot and then converge all of the "what comes next" into future FE series that will take place and be playable by all factions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplegamer View Post
Oh! Here's a question I'm not sure has been asked: Will there be new music added to the game for the Romulans?
The audio department is looking into it, but right now they're swamped trying to get all the VO done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
So how much of this new Romulan content will be locked into the new rep system ?
The exclusive Romulan Republic storyline starts at level 1 and goes up through the Romulan FE series. It has no connection to the end game Tholian Reputation.

Last edited by dastahl; 04-04-2013 at 04:22 PM.