View Single Post
Captain
# 37
04-05-2013, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sander233 View Post
@marcusdkane - Another brilliant piece of work!
Thank you very much, your feedback is always much appreciated

Quote:
Great interlude there with Bowen and Rebecca Kane's tricorder . I never thought about it but I guess ones personal tricorder would become basically like our laptops or tablets today - business tools that we personalize and stuff with personal files and photos and music.
I wanted to introduce a couple of elements, and that scene seemed the best way to do so... I wanted to introduce the tricorder for S'rR's' use in such a way as she wouldn't simply start using it and having a Save the Day piece of technology, without it simple 'appearing' and being unexplained... Of course, it is inspired by Captain Jack Harkness's Time Agency vortex manipulator, and my own personal theory as to how the user interface might function. The music was a reference back to the earlier piece I did where Marcus was playing his mother's favorite piece of music on her birthday

Quote:
Excellent battle sequence (loving the cool competence of T'Natra.)
Thanks, I wanted to give her a bit more to do than just say "Aye, Captain," and press some buttons, so decided to show that she has some serious skillz when it comes to piloting, hence the need for a large enough Klingon ship for her to start 'hull flying', and I'm hoping to develop her character more as the LCs progress

Quote:
Kinda wish the Valkkyrie could've killed the klinks with science (viral matrix, maybe, if a gravity well is too implausible?) instead of the Big 'E' warping in to the rescue.
I know exactly what you mean there, and I kinda got myself boxed in by what I wanted to include... I could have simply concluded the entry at the point where the assault team beams over to the observatory, but I really wanted to show what a badass Chanos is in a one on one situation, as well as give T'Natra the chance to show off her piloting skills, so that meant extending the entry, but I couldn't have them repeat the same trick of beaming over a warhead. Equally, I didn't want the Valkyrie to get its ass kicked back to spacedock again, so figured the best route was to have them at a standoff where the Valkyrie hasn't got the power to take down the Negh'Var, and where the Negh'Var is just too big to pin down the Valkyrie... I'd originally planned to have both the Enterprise and the Chi'toka involved, and make the entrance at the end, but I felt that might be writing GulBerat into a corner for their own entry, so decided to just use the Enterprise to settle things, without making Amanda and crew come across as incompetents who needed rescuing

Last edited by marcusdkane; 04-05-2013 at 11:41 AM.