View Single Post
Captain
# 8
04-06-2013, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyeto13 View Post
I pointed out that this would be a massive re hull of the entire game system, devoting all of the devs attention to fix something that is not all that broken. This would be so much of a change that it would be easier to have a different company start up a game with this mechanic in place from day 1. Turning STO into this type of ship customization system would be too massive of a rehull to do and you might as well reboot the game.

And I would, and frequently DO read post bigger than that. I also read books... for pleasure.
nope, this is art department stuff, even link points on the models, is an art asset thing.
putting a +x to subsystem here and there based on parts is basically already ingame, so it'd likely be editing text in the right file. & the mass/inertia ratings are literally, right there.

any coding that would 'need' to be done, would likely be hacking than writing for the most part.

for comparison, the addition of the warp cores next month, is a bigger job than this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redz4tw View Post
can you say attack pattern angry forumers 3?
Quote:
Originally Posted by baelogventure View Post
Considering Ryan broke 25k in a NX, I expect he could easily pull 10k in an Escape Pod with a Hand Phaser.