Empire Veteran
# 85 Tales of JFC: "New Allies"
04-06-2013, 09:21 AM
Tales of JFC: "New Allies"

by Mike Tripp

JFC-MD: 1.1240
Scene: A Restaurant on New Romulus

<<last time>>

"Yes," the Romulan responded, "and I'm not arguing that ... What I want to know is what exactly will those forces who may or may not join you from our side get from this arrangement? How will we be treated? What status will we hold? .. Why should we even consider it?"

<<and now>>

"They would be equal to any other member of the Alliance with the same rights, responsibilities and level of access to fleet resources," answered Hauk.

"And as to why to consider it," he said, "It would allow you the chance to protect the Romulan Republic and gain access to better resources WITHOUT having to take sides in the Federation-Klingon War."

"And what reassurances that you will not go back on your word?" asked Aelis, one eyebrow raised.

"Signed treaty with terms outlined and the honor on which we all stand," the Klingon firmly responded. "You have my word."

"Lass, yee know as well as I than when the General here gives his word on somethin' ... He means it," said Jarmon.

"Oh, I have no doubt of our friend's honor or word." Aelis crossed her arms, leaned back in her chair. "It's the Federation and Klingon Empire I question."

"Then don't consider us as either," said Hauk. "And technically its spelled out in the Cordra Accords which both signed ... We are independent ... neutral ... we are the Alliance ... plain and simple."

With a thunk, all four legs of Aelis' chair hit the floor as she straightened.

"Then let us order our meal, offer up a toast to this Alliance," said the Romulan Admiral, a smile on her face. "Then lets discuss what ship might serve me well within this Alliance of yours."

"Alliance of 'ours,'" corrected Hauk, already raising his mug. "To the Alliance Central Command!"

<<to be continued>>

Respectfully,

--- Gen. Hauk
Joint Forces Commander
Alliance Central Command

--- Adm. Aelis S'tariennye lh'Rheu
Flag Officer, Romulan Republic Navy

--- Jarmon Sollace
President and CEO, Qur'Dra Spaceframe Industries

----OOC----

And thus the Alliance is open to Romulan members in both our FED and KDF fleets.

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!