View Single Post
Career Officer
# 25
04-08-2013, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtern1ty View Post
Also was perm muted in the STORP.org channel for asking, "anyone here who like to found, lead a fleet with me and stay?"
I was in an IRC RP for a while (not Trek related). Someone came in asking in the out-of-character channel for tips for starting their own channel when ours were dead. The guy in charge yelled at the person, saying his channel would never assist another. A few others clapped him on the back for snapping at the person. It was by no means an isolated incident. I left soon after, definitely getting bad vibes.

Some RPers are just elitist. New people have to submit to a hazing and off-topic people get insta-bans. I haven't been able to find a new group I like yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjokruhlica View Post
The second, I got invited by some random person for a 2 on 2 ground PvP. Assimilated Cruiser I think. Anyway, I like to use the Operative kit and my advanced fleet AP sniper rifle [dmg]x3 [CrtX] in such a situation, and after 4 or 5 times of getting one-shotted after I'd decloak and snipe him (fully buffed, oh the fun!) he proceeded to unleash Navy level profanities at me, rage quit, and ignored me. The guy on my team though it was hilarious.
Whenever I get horribly outclassed in PVP, I laugh. I think it's awesome. Sometimes I'll write the person later and ask for tips.
I miss my _.