View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-09-2013, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post
Actually, it's the same game. Just the next level of it.

But anyways... I would like to change my stance to "Neutral". I was in a PVP match, Fed vs KDF. Somehow (I want to say "Typically"), the game fraks up the team picking, and the Fed side only gets three players, myself included. The enemies were a premade.

One Galaxy-class Exploration Cruiser Retrofit (me, testing a build)
One Jem'Hadar Attack Ship
One Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier.

Ouch!

To the contrary. We started off strong, and got even better as time progressed. Usually on a team, I die maybe once, if enemies subnuc and swarm me. Due to two less targets, I died three times in the match. The JHAS died a lot.

However, the backbone of the team, usually filled by my shoes, was the Jem'Hadar Dreadnought captain. She didn't die at all, although she did get close. She was tanking like a boss, while dealing with the incoming fire from the premade BoPs, simultaneously wiping them out.

The result: A loss for us, but 14-15 loss. It was a VERY well played match.

I was so thoroughly impressed by this, I should have asked further on the setup of this ship, but alas, the zone boot timer came into play too late for me. But this has definitely changed my position to on-the-fence.

I know a good build and a good ship when I see it, and I definitely saw it there.
i'm agree with you about dread in pvp. it can be very usefull. but, you can't see the full capacity/power of a ship in a single pvp match.

Quote:
For PvE:

I have one and was parsed at 8500 DPS for ISE.

The other two dreadnoughts that were in the match parsed for 12k + DPS!

WTF are they doing and they were doing it with beams!!!!

Myself...i used the DHC, omega torp, turrets, and cutting beam goodness with attack pattern beta3.
you lose a lot of dps when you have to turn your ship. the dps from DHCs is very high, but you can't fire it all the time. sometimes you have to turn around a little to be able to keep your shield up. if you use DHCs you can tank the tactical cube and faceing it all the time. so your dps will be smaller then the beams one.

If we all live in boxes that doesn't mean my box is the same color like yours