View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 400
04-09-2013, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamujiin View Post
FIRST OFF I WONT LOSE THE CAPS BECAUSE I AM MAD! AND CAPS IS A WAY TO SHOW YOU ARE MAD ON THE INTERWEBS! ( jk )

Second it was from ZONE CHAT. I should not have to type extra commands to make sure the message goes to the right chat, that is just plain stupid. The game should work like any other MMO, if Cryptic dont want the money i spend, thats fine i am sure Zenimax, or The makers of Guild Wars 2, or some other MMO would probably appreciate my money more.

This is the most stupid thing i have seen in any MMO, and cryptic really needs to fix it or address it. it is obviously a way for griefers to grief. How many people are just sitting around waiting to exploit this, Do you know how FRUSTRATING it is dealing with such a stupid rule?

Yah sure i have been silenced for telling someone their fleet sucks, or that they do.... those are fine reasons and i can live with that.

Not linking an item in zone chat on accident twice.

And then someone offers some lame advice like make sure you type /fleet.

This shouldn't be MY problem, Cryptic should FIX these problems, it isnt that hard.
The original idea was to silence gold spammer. This is what it is for. Now, we are talking about 10 players? (I think it was 10 I don't know the exact number but I read other thread it was 10) report you, then you are silence.

One solution (Cryptic side): the silence system should only silence Zone, local and non-friend tells. This should be easy to implement (I assume it is easy)

The other solution (user side) setup an chat channel with fleet, team, tells but not local and zone. I have done this and only pop into zone if I'm looking for something. That way I don't accidentally link or say something to get me silence. This is the solution many poster offer to the current system. It is not pretty, but it is working until Cryptic decides to change their side.
Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional.