View Single Post
Career Officer
# 402
04-09-2013, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianm63 View Post
So people are now in game as moderators ?

So if people roleplay God and ban other people no one will feel sorry?Can you speak for yourself?
Not sure how you misinterpreted what I said, but yes the silencing system is a form of moderation -- if a certain number of people put someone on ignore within a certain time window, that person is temporarily suspended (silenced) for 24 hours from talking in chat or by mail. As for my response, the poster had said he been silenced for the thousandth time -- ask yourself what's more likely, a vast conspiracy of people silencing him day after day, or rather he's doing something that is frowned upon over and over and still hasn't gotten the idea. As I said before, the simplest possibility is the latter.

It's hardly God roleplay since it's a temporary measure and no single person is silencing anyone else -- it requires a certain number of people. The poster made it clear he was saying offensive things ('hey, <fill in fleet name> sucks!' or that the person just sucks in general) and that's why he had gotten silenced in the past. He gave no indication he was going to stop doing that. As such, I don't think anyone is going to really miss that kind of behavior -- but if you do, you are more than welcome to speak up. I hope that doesn't leave any confusion this time.
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18745 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)

Last edited by phyrexianhero; 04-09-2013 at 10:12 AM.