View Single Post
Captain
# 86
04-09-2013, 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
Sharp action, and some quirky humor, nice polishing
Thanks! Aric just came out of nowhere, I normally use doffs as inspiration for the guest character of the week, and Aric the very rare Caitian Assault Squad Officer was born. I run on quite a bit of COD4 when writing about MACOs, but really I find that it contrasts neatly with Starfleet's much more clean culture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
@khayuung - I hope you can appreciate that I'll provide feedback when your piece is finished?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sander233 View Post
Same here. I struggle trying to read works-in-progress.
No problem guys! Thanks for even reading it, when I really am just writing whatever I feel like writing about. XD

Just a little word about the Yamato and her named crew. You can see that Minase plus most of the officers on her ship isn't S31, only her flag officer is. You also notice that she and her bridge officers all are not only humans, but they are also Japanese. There's a reason for this xenophobia. Ever since she discovered Yuung's S31 affiliation, and that he holds as much clout as Drake in the orbat charts, Iori has been wary about new crew transfers and things that go bump on her ship. Being placed in command of the Yamato in 2412 meant that she needed more hands, but at the same time, she wanted to have enough faces who aren't S31 so that she can continue to act as the watcher of the Task Force. So she picked some juniors from Starfleet whom she grew up with in Edo Bay, Japan, and they recommended their friends, which led to this strange, atypical make-up amongst the senior staff.

Yuung allows it because its practical. That has always been his principle: Ideals work until they stop doing so, because that's when realism takes hold. Which was why Mother recruited him, amongst other attributes like being utterly forgettable, never standing out and always getting the job done.

Sevens tend to be rather informal with one another because 3 years ago, all their captains and admirals (with the exception of Nishizumi) were Ensigns of the same class fresh out of Starfleet. Even Nishizumi of the USS Dreamriser was a couple years their junior back in the Academy.

I also write in the perspective of a Task Force as it allows me to focus on a single ship or a fleet of them, keep shuffling perspectives, change ships, and introduce and send away characters at will, giving the vibe of a bustling active series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.

Last edited by khayuung; 04-09-2013 at 11:51 PM.