Thread: Why 20 hours?
View Single Post
Captain
# 56
04-10-2013, 03:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxinvictus View Post
What's preventing you from making slow and steady progress on your second character other than a decision not to?
The decision not to seems sufficient. There was some minute sense of accomplishment in completing the rep grinds the first time, but given that it's all based on time gating whatever sense of accomplishment there was was short lived, because there's not much accomplishment in showing up once a day for fifty days straight.

I wasn't aware that I should track each day in-game as if I was an AA addict counting days of sobriety.

I guess maybe I should, given the potential for the game to be shut down tomorrow, but that seems unlikely in the near future. It also seems fitting in a game so heavily designed around facilitating you parting with your money to fulfill some sort of childhood nerdgasm.

The less time I spend in-game, and the more that time spent in-game revolves around a checklist of daily activities I need to slog through, even if it's just five minutes a day, the less enthused I am to log in at all, and the more I question why I even bother. The truth is, if it wasn't Trek, I wouldn't at all (actually, I wouldn't even have given it the time of day to get to the rep system, even as a F2P).