[Legacy of Romulus] Emergency Power to X being updated on Tribble
View Single Post
Join Date: Jun 2012
04-10-2013, 11:16 PM
Has anyone tested whether the increased duration of the damage bonus from EPtW actually compensates for the shorter duration of the weapon power bonus? A back-of-the-envelope calculation seems to suggest that this is not the case.
1. With 99 in "Starship Electro-Plasma Systems", EPtW1 grants +22.4 to weapon power.
2. Each unit of weapon power adds 2% of the base damage of the weapon.
3. The damage bonus from EPtW1 adds 10% of the base damage of the weapon.
4. Old EPtW1: damage bonus lasts 5 seconds, weapon power bonus lasts 30 seconds.
5. New EPtW1: damage bonus lasts 20 seconds, weapon power bonus lasts 20 seconds.
Gain from increased duration of damage bonus: 0.1 * (20 - 5) = 1.5
Loss from decreased duration of weapon power bonus: 0.02 * 22.4 * (30 - 20) = 4.48
Note: This is not as reliable as testing, since there may be something wrong with my assumptions.