View Single Post
Career Officer
# 41
04-11-2013, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warmaker001b View Post
It's most unfortunate that in 2409 onwards, a Cruiser class preceding the Galaxy, and even the old Ambassador classes, is superior to these newer ships that were the pride of Starfleet upon their introduction.

I'd say the Excelsior exceeds the Sovereign / Assault Cruisers in this game. An even larger pity because the Sovereigns were the epitome of absolute, cutting edge Starfleet technology and bred for much, much harder combat.

On paper, I'd get my Fed toons on an Excelsior ASAP. But I won't. In my fandom for Star Trek, especially since this game is post TNG/DS9/VOY timeframe, and waaaaayy after Kirk's era, it's unsettling to have the Excelsior being more powerful than the Galaxy and Sovereign classes.

The Galaxy, Sovereign, Galaxy-X, and all their subtypes / refits need a boost.
I wholeheartedly agree that it is silly that the Excelsior is more powerful than newer ships. I also think its criminal how cruisers in general are treated in STO. As warmaker pointed out, the soverign was designed to be a menace to deal with.

That being said, and without hijacking this thread, I was wondering if anybody has ever flown the FLEET TIER 5 Assault Cruiser: Imperial. It can be reskinned to look like the soverign itself. It pretty much has identical stats as the fleet excelsior. Its BOFF layout is like the C-Store Regent and it has a turn rate of 8 as opposed to to the Fleet Excelsior's 7. Not to mention the extra tac console and higher hull! Again, silly that for a ship that so few can obtain because of the fleet system itself that it would be near identical to the Excelsior, but it is designed apparently to be slightly more powerful than the Fleet Excel.

Thoughts?
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)