View Single Post
Survivor of Romulus
# 68
04-11-2013, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spork87 View Post
the Europeans don't think about this at all, lets face facts here, the larger Star Trek fan base is in the US, Star Trek in general did worse in other parts of the world, all series and movies, thats just a simple fact, so it stands to reason the user base is also larger in North America than in other parts of the world, get used to it. Canadians and American's are the most hard core dedicated and largest group of trekkers and trekkies period
I'm really not convinced, you might be right but I'm not just going to take your word for it.

Star Trek always was, and still is, very big over in the UK. It's also pretty big in Germany and a number of other European countries.

Europe has double the population of the USA - I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the numbers of players was roughly similar, or the USA has more but the margin isn't hugely significant. I don't know, point is - you don't either. You're just being all "USA! USA! USA!" because that's what your culture is like.

As for most dedicated? You should have seen Star Trek Convention: London. Sold out in a matter of hours, and prices for tickets were extortionate!