List your top three short, mid, and long-term requests for the game
View Single Post
Join Date: Apr 2013
04-11-2013, 06:53 PM
1)Fix the broken and unmatched skin tones player characters. Some times they do not appear in-game as the way the skin tone is selected. darker skin should appear as darker skin. lighter skin should appear as lighter skin.
2) Allow for there to be a K'tarran playable race for the Federation, and with very distinct features as seen on the TV shows. This includes redesigning all K'tarran characters already in the game so that they will appear with K'Tarran horns on thier foreheads. they will have unique traits and abilities that makes sense with canon. (For KDF, add more TV show based outfits, uniforms, and body armors for a broader freedom of choice or preference.)
3) Provide a purchasable box or pack for lobi crystals only.
1) Ship Design System: to create a custom starship that is not only realistic according to the laws of Star Trek universe, but could also be playable within STO. These ships can have slots for upgrades and such just like ships already in the game, but must operate within reasonable constraints... meaning... they could match ships already in game, but with room for uniqueness and variety. Players can design their dream ship, maybe even post (the prototype) up for requisition so that other players can acquire it, test it, and even use it in missions and space battles.
2) Intricate Starship Engineering: to be able to tweak particular functions of a ship to do things a little beyond normal. (Scotty miraculously getting that extra engine boost during the more dire situations). This system could require the purchase of components or parts needed, to let the player actually tinker with the mechanics of his or her ship, but there is always a chance that things can malfunction or cease to work. this would probably be for 'very advanced players'. This could also tie in with the Ship Design System idea, allowing players to build ships from scratch.
3) Starfleet Service Selection System: Since it is (in my opinion) unrealistic to the realm of Star Trek to start one's career as an ensign in command of his or her own starship, simply establish a system where the player's character can pick or be randomly selected to serve one of a handful of active starfleet captains. This will be something like a bridge officer but in reverse, because the player is temporarily a bridge officer on whatever ship belongs to whatever captain the player selected or whatever captain and ship the player was assigned to. because of this, there will be weaknesses and strengths, bonuses and penalties, even perks and downsides for serving that particular captain. The captain will not be player-operated, probably behaving something like bridge officers do now in-game. when the player's character finally becomes the rank of captain, he or she will then be able to leave the captain they once served. Then he or she can select the first ship of his or her command. I guess the captains these players request to serve will be displayed on a list that randonly generates various and distinct types, all assigned to various ships.
1) XINDI FACTION: Since there are only five remaining races of these people, there will be only five to choose from. Insectoids, Arboreals, Primates, Aquatics, Reptillians. Each race will be sort of a sub-faction, meaning that they come with thier own style of ships with abilities unique to their kind. no race can crossover by using ships of the other race. There can also be a storyline that may fill in the gaps or explain the possibility of Xindi finally becoming an ally of the Federation (as hinted in the show ENT). I think it is possible that there can be dispute or even wars between Xindi and Federation before they actually become true allies, but this would all be futuristic or at a later date accoding to the timeline.
2) Era-Based Gameplay: There can be a total of three STO eras. the first being the current STO game we all know now. the second could be somewhere near or even during Captain Kirk's time, which would allow us to see the variaty of ships possibly used during that era in the past. the third can be in the future, a time after the current STO storyline.
3) Sandbox gameplay: If possible, also players a more 'freedom-to-act', being able to go anywhere and do anything as if it were real life in Star Trek. when i think of sandbox style game play, i think of ElderScrolls4:Skyrim and how we had plenty of freedom in a life-like way. i currently don't have details for this idea, and i don't expect STO to be anything like Skyrim. What i would expect is for STO to look, feel, and move like real Star Trek without robbing players of the thrill of playing the game for fun and love of Star Trek.