View Single Post
Community Moderator
# 114
04-12-2013, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apulse View Post
Dunno about how to organize the forums, but a small suggesstion I have had in mind for some time now is the constant complains in some threads by people telling "The devs don't see this, the devs don't know this etc etc".

You should add a function that everytime a dev have visited a thread, the thread should have a marking on it (or something) That way everybody know that you have seen the thread and recieved the information even if a reply is not necessary.

Just my 2 cents
I would assume this is coming back as the NW forums have this as well and it's pretty much the same update (obviously different coloring)

EDIT: Actually Brandon actually said they are for sure coming hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branflakes
You may have noticed that Neverwinter has recently upgraded to a newer version of vBulletin (our forum software) -- STO will be making the upgrade in the future. We know that your forum persona is important to you, so we want to make sure you know everything that you should do before the change, as well as what some of the new features are:
  • You will need to re-upload your signature and avatar. VB4 uses a separate database, so you'll need to add these back in once the upgrade is complete.
  • You will want to save your private messages as they may be lost in the upgrade.
  • You will want to bookmark any threads you are subscribed to as subscriptions may be lost in the upgrade.
  • You will be able to report posts for breaking the community rules. This system worked well in the past, and with VB4, this feature will return.
  • Threads that contain Dev Posts will be marked.
  • Other improvements to the forum system, including some that are listed as outstanding in this thread: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=276161
EDIT 2: Unless you mean actually visited a thread, that tends to be an issue because the dev's do read almost every thread (I know Brandon does for sure hehe), and it'd clutter things up. Plus then people would take that as they can post there and a dev would notice which is highly inacurrate.

Now I'm going back to what i was doing that doesn't require my brain lol.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.

Last edited by askray; 04-12-2013 at 03:56 PM.