View Single Post
Captain
# 47
04-14-2013, 02:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
If he's holding his heals to protect himself, then he's not healing his teammates at all. And if his teammates have to overheal him to account for the lack of EPTS, then he's unnecessarily taking heals away from his team.

I've seen the prototypical builds of TSI cruisers healer builds, even thumapp posted one, and they all had EPTS 1 x 2.

The QEW guys in Bops? I also run one copy on my Bops. But that's because I'm in and out under 20 seconds. I alternate TSS or EPTS as needed. Their sci ships ran full aux, and they used those Varanus ships with Ens Eng and LT Eng, so I doubt they needed to use just one copy. Their full aux cruiser healer build examples, from Kharn or Goose that I've seen also had EPTS 1 x 2.

And the times they ran carriers, probably EPTS 1, RSP 1, EPTS3.

I'm glad that he can make that build work for him, I just don't consider it wise to only run one EPTS outside of niche builds.
I've always flown science ships. Transfer shields has always been a more useful skill for team and self healing. I usually take epts1 and aux to Sif 1 as my standard engy slots. If I can fit anything higher i then add an extend 2.
I've always seen it as "if I need more then one epts then any help will be there from the team and if the enemy is focussing on me then that means the team is safe.

I still remember when science team was the king of heal/resist and its from those days I learned how to survive and help out the team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?