View Single Post
Captain
# 43
04-16-2013, 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
I think your changes overall are positive.

Im also happy that you are opening elusive to Liberated borg and that more choice is good for everyone.

My concern is that the benefits of being alien in the new system are severely diminished.

Standard races now get nearly all of the advantages of an alien, with much wider access,as well as getting a single megatrait that is easily worth several lesser traits on its own.
Agreed. This is a pretty big problem. Is there any possibility of a respecies token at this? This would be an added incentive to pick up, say, C-Store races (e.g. Joined Trill or even Borg with a LTS), and I'm sure I'm not alone in that I don't want to start all over to get a megatrait. I'm a bit concerned for my own Aliens, most of which were supposed to be human hybrids, and if they would be seriously disadvantaged now, what with not having Leadership and such.

Considering how many aliens I've seen that look practically identical to other races (particularly Cardassians, but I've seen many others, including Vulcans, Romulans, Andorians and Jem'Hadar), I am far from alone.