View Single Post
Ensign
# 13 I am the Legacy of Romulus
04-16-2013, 06:15 PM
(This is from the actual account of the Romulan colonist Sarik Karzinak)

To those who are reading this:

My name is Sarik Karzinak and I am one of the survivors on the distant colony world of Shikar and have been living here since I was a youngling. My mother is one of the original survivors of the destruction of our homeworld gave birth to me as while her ship escaped the shockwave from the planet's destruction. My father, unfortunately didn't survive the the destruction of our homeworld. My mother has told me stories of Romulus and what our original home looked like and I have often dreamed of what Romulus looked like and what our home looked like.

Now here on Shikar, we are slowly continuing to rebuild our lives with the help of our friends and families who did survive the the destruction of our homeworld. My friend Darok was also born during the destruction of Romulus and for him he has often wondered what life is like out there in the stars and I admit I too have the same curiousity about the stars. My mother though says that "curiousity can get the catarik" but most of the time I would not listen. Life was starting to look up for us and the people of Shikar or so we thought.

On the 7th year of the Kara cycle, a mysterious force came from the heavens and started to take over the colony. I heard whispers from the elders saying that they are the Tal Shiar. My mother has told me that the Tal Shiar were once a secret organization bent on finding technology and even killing our own people by any means necessary. The Tal Shiar started to recruit and oppress us and many of the elders and the young ones started to rebel. My mother was one of them and like she told me, they were relentless and started to shoot all of the protestors. My mother protected me from the wrath of the Tal Shair and ended up getting killed herself. My mother died believing in peace and freedom and I was at first filled with a terrible resolve, but Darok's mother told me my mother died beleiving in peace and freedom and from that time forward I devoted myself to the philosophy of peace and freedom that were instilled in me by my mother.

But, these are dark and perilous times for Shikar. Now on the 9th year of the Kara cycle, our people are continuously being harassed and oppressed by the Tal Shiar and a new and mysterious ominous force has threatened the lives of not only my friends and family but also other outlying colonies. My friend Darok and I have decided enough is enough and decided to join the ranks of the fellow rebels called the Shikar Trune (Shikar's Freedom Fighters), but for Darok and I, we continue to maintain the philosophy of peace. Hopefully one day, our actions will cause the people of Shikar to stand up and fight for what is right: for the colony, for peace, and for freedom.

Jolan'tru