View Single Post
Career Officer
# 56
04-17-2013, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antrenos View Post
I really don't think it's the "leveling 1 through 50" bit that puts alot of people off from rerolling new characters. It's the fact that you need to grind through 5 Tiers of Omega, 5 Tiers of New Romulus, and soon 5 Tiers of Nukara, to get fully bumped up in terms of passives, actives and available gear.

Reputation "grind" would be alot smoother for making new characters, if it were Account Based, instead of Character Based.
Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticmsfc View Post
I agree, I used to have a large number of characters but deleted all but 8 due to the reputation grind. I now have 9 free character slots because of it. I am really finding it hard enough to push through two (1 KDF and 1 Fed). There needs to be a way to make them more friendly to people who run more than one or two characters even having them faction based would be better than the way it is now.
The way it is now makes sense, in that, it's that particular Captain's Reputation that s/he's earned with that given group. But the thought of grinding through all of that, over and over again with each new character, is quite daunting and probably turns many off to creating multiple characters. I agree that it would be better to have the Reputation System unlock the options within the Faction, at least. That way, at most, you'd only have to grind the Reputation System three times.

See my suggestions to revamp playable factions at: FACTION REVAMP: A PROPOSAL TO CRYPTIC STUDIOS