View Single Post
Ensign
# 54
04-17-2013, 02:36 PM
New interface schemes look like a huge improvement! I'm really digging the LCARS mimic.

However, the biggest issue with active-play UI is it not being in a good layout for "heads up". I find myself looking almost constantly at my power bar, watching for the next cool-down to finish up. While the better contrast will certainly help with identifying those powers faster, I almost want something completely new and off-the-wall.

As a UI designer/developer, I know the time and effort it can take to rebuild an entire interface. But consider something more "heads-uppy", such as icons arrangeable in an arc or circle around the center of the screen, mostly opaque, that "light up" when off cool-down.

I'm sure you can come up with great ideas on your own, there's obviously been a LOT of improvement in the game, especially recently. Even if you cannot get a completely new UI layout implemented before the "big release", I implore you to explore this avenue in the near future. An interface that allowed us to keep more eyes on the AMAZING world you've created while playing would definitely improve the overall experience!

(if you like, I would be more than happy to mock up some UI ideas)