View Single Post
Community Moderator
# 60
04-17-2013, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amayakitsune View Post
No more irresponsible than any web browser that saves website passwords. I'd like to have my password remembered, especially because I only play this on one computer.
No less irresponsible, either. I only use such features if they in turn are password-protected and encrypt the stored data with that passphrase. And mostly I don't even use them; I use Lastpass instead.

Only you play on that computer; but you won't be the only one who checks that option off. Others who do so won't be the only one using their computer, and when their roommate/sister/boyfriend/neighbor/fratmate uses their account, they'll be contributing to the length of the support queue.

Further, since that data will not be in any meaningful way protected, it will be accessible to malware. Gold sellers employ programmers to create malware. The support floods when they have a big strike make the above look like small beer.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google