View Single Post
Republic Veteran
# 118
04-17-2013, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
I like most of aexrael's suggestions outside of the Feedback and Discussion heading, and I'm even on-board with some of those.

I would not put C-Store and Promotions at the top of the list. Doesn't necessarily have to be at the bottom, but it shouldn't be all the way at the top.

I'm on board with "Core Gameplay" if we drop the PvE off the front. Core Gameplay should be about common systems.

I don't think a division between story and non-story missions will really help the Dev team, nor provide much benefit for the Community.

You've dropped the faction-specific forums entirely and per BranFlakes the Dev team wants to see them. I do, too, although I do see your point that they may not be entirely necessary.

You've also dropped the Space/Ground divisions. Based on the fact that Space and Ground mechanics, look and feel, combat, and missions are very different, I see why the Devs would want those called out. Might make sense to have a "Core Space Gameplay" and a "Core Ground Gameplay".

Based on how they work, the Fleet Advancement and the Reputation systems both work alike and the same Devs are responsible for them. I see no point in separating Starbases and Reputation into different areas, but I'm open to any insight that I might be overlooking.

Finally, you've completely dropped any kind of "catchall" feedback forum. I think we need that.
You're right that the c-store section doesn't really feel appropriate at the top, it was really only listed there due to starting with C, but alpha sorting felt inappropriate.

About the space/ground division, it in part makes the Shipyard redundant then. It may be better to forego the shipyard section and brand the two sections Core Gameplay Ground and Space respectively as suggested.

Regarding separation of starbases, doffs and reputation, that was due to the Systems team requesting it be setup that way, tough given the low traffic, it probably doesn't make sense to separate them, since it should be easy enough to pickup the relevant threads for anyone browsing the forum.

Either way it presents two alternatives.

A) Feedback & Discussions

.Core Gameplay Ground (Classes, ground BOFFs, traits, powers, ground items etc.)
.Core Gameplay Space (Ships, ship items, traits, space BOFFs, powers ect.)
.Core Gameplay Other (Duty Officers, Starbases, Reputations)
.Missions (Journal Story Missions, STFs, Fleet Actions, calendar events, ect.)
.PvP Gameplay
..PvP Boot Camp
.Zen-Store and Promotions
.Controls and User Interface
.Art, Graphics and Sound

B) Feedback & Discussions

.Core Gameplay Ground (Classes, ground BOFFs, traits, powers, ground items etc.)
.Core Gameplay Space (Ships, ship items, traits, space BOFFs, powers ect)
.Core Gameplay Other (Duty Officers, Starbases, Reputations)
.Missions (STFs, Fleet Actions, calendar events, ect.)
.Federation Gameplay (Journal story missions, ...?)
.Klingon Gameplay (Journal story missions, ...?)
.Rumulan Gameplay (Journal story missions, ...?)
.PvP Gameplay
..PvP Boot Camp
.Zen-Store and Promotions
.Controls and User Interface
.Art, Graphics and Sound