View Single Post
Survivor of Remus
# 6
04-19-2013, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumstar View Post
Some of the features of ground combat need reworked. The features that really stick out are these-

Crouch/Kneel - This maneuver in real life is used in order to steady your rifle and improve your aim, that part I can go along with but it also gives you damage resistance from physical attacks. Really? All I need do is kneel and the guy punching or swinging a sword at me isn't going to hurt me as bad? To fix this and make it plausible Cryptic needs to scrap the dmg resistance and make it so when you crouch you do bonus dmg with your weapon and if you're already aiming you do a bit more dmg. For dmg resistance they need to incorporate a feature Champions has which is a block. The block would mitigate some physical (Would not mitigate energy dmg from weapons) dmg but could only be used while standing. Also if you're kneeling/crouching it should be easier to know you down.
You got this backwards,crouching gives you a chance to dodge ranged attacks ,but also increases the damage you take from melee attacks.