View Single Post
Career Officer
# 48
04-19-2013, 11:04 AM
There are 2 ppl in my fleet that fly the fleet sovereign and yes you can make the skin a sovereign build.

I've flown the fleet excelsior and the dreadnought. Right now my 2nd tac is in the dreadnought. It's hard to get the lance to hit. There are a few things you need to do. Fly straight and level. Hopefully your target is held. You need the shield facing down then let her rip.

Both the excelsior and the dreadnought are somewhat squishy even with my Aux2batt builds but if Engie heal boats can be overwhelmed then so can tac cruisers.

The galaxy X I have found surprisingly nimble for the worst turning cruiser in th game. I'm using 5 beam arrays, a DBB and 2 transphasic cluster torps. I try to utilize the APA, Tachyokinetic console and Evasive Manuevers to get to where I need to be.

Fleet excelsior is awesome though. Yes i miss the spike of the lance every once in a while but very easily flown for a cruiser.

In the end it's all about which you have more fun in. I recommend trying them both if you have the resources and see which makes you happier.

GL