Federation Tutorial - A Recommendation
View Single Post
Join Date: Jun 2012
04-19-2013, 11:11 AM
Originally Posted by
honestly, I am thinking the Foundry idea isn't a bad one. It is just hard for me to visualize this in any concrete way that doesn't either make the Khitomer Captain incompetent or make it just more ridiculous then what we have.
You're absolutely right that the devil is in the details and they way it plays out is crucial making it workable. At this point I'm going for the fact that no one intends for you to take command of the [player ship], it a case of once things fall apart after beaming over, you're are the only workable option.
1. You do not start out as leader of the away team.
2. The away team leader is injured in an initial attack. (I'll admit this one is tricky.)
3. Contact with the Khitomer is unavailable due to Borg interference.
4. Contact is not reestablished until you retake the ship.
5. Once you retake the ship, you find the Khitomer locked in battle with a cube.
6. The Captain of the Khitomer orders you to take the [player ship] and retreat.
The idea is that at no time is there an opportunity for the Khitomer to replace you with a more experienced officer.
Last edited by thegreendragoon1; 04-19-2013 at