View Single Post
Captain
# 8
04-19-2013, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticmsfc View Post
I hate the ground combat part of the game, if I can get reputation points or whatever I am after by doing space I'll go for it.

I would have rathered a more FPS style ground part of the game like Elite Force or Halo. At least those seem to work well.
Agreed. I've never liked the ground combat in this game. Part of it is because my computer doesn't handle ground combat nearly as well as space combat, and part of it is because of the way ground combat is structured.

I, too, would prefer to restrict Star Trek ground combat to an FPS. If it were done well, I'd play the hell out of a 'Star Trek Battlefront' game (something like Star Wars Battlefront), or a Republic Commandos game set in a Star Trek format.

That's the one good thing that the new Star Trek game promises, it puts Star Trek into a potentially good FPS setting. We'll see how that turns out.

I don't like ground in STO, and I wish they'd stop devoting so many resources for it (3 ground adventure zones with a 4th one on the way). I want a fixed Ker'rat zone and more zones like it. I want expanded space PvP.