View Single Post
Captain
# 7
04-21-2013, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by szerontzur View Post
...If you're a fan of science ships though, I will highly recommend the tactical Vesta. It has a fragile hull(meaning shields are very important), but it's also flexible enough to perform just about any role you throw at it(the only exception I can think of off the top of my head is a minelayer - which only ships with commander tactical bridge slots can truly shine at).
My TAC flies a Surveillance Vesta. I have the other two as well but I seem to be more effective with the Science variant. I mounted one Transphasic Mine Launcher Mk XII [Dmg]x3 aft. I did not mount any consoles which improve mine damage. The other two aft weapons are turrets. I wanted a stinger or, more often, a quick shield to make my escape behind. With Dispersal Pattern Beta, I can sometimes make a bombing run as well. The hull is kinda light, but the shields are decent enough to make a firing pass or two. This setup works well on the Recon and Engineer variants but like I said, I've had more success with the Science variant.

"Negative Red Five. Set up for another run. Come in fast and hard. Lost Dutch. Lost Tyree. They come at you from behind..."

Last edited by thunderfoot006; 04-21-2013 at 07:48 AM.