Lockbox results from the test server.
View Single Post
Join Date: Apr 2013
04-22-2013, 02:10 AM
You can't really do a test on an RNG, even a programmed RNG, unless you are going to go into silly numbers of unlocks. In comparison 400 is actually quite a low number. Even then it will still be a best guess.
I can only speak more from WoW as I have played that the longest and I know the items a mob drops are set on spawn, not death like some think. People have complaigned when farming a mount that they have done 100 runs and the mount has 1% drop chance that they should have gotten one by now. Some replied they are on farming run 400 and still waiting and others had said they got it on the first or other such low number run. However it is not a drop chance, it is a 1% chance when the mob spawns that it will be with the mount, that means there is a 99% chance that it won't, and this is not cumulative it is each time.
Many moons ago I opened two Cardy boxes, the first game me a boost, I think it was XP, the second gave me the Galor. Others had said they had opened hundreds and not recieved the Galor.