View Single Post
Starfleet Veteran
# 202
04-22-2013, 06:26 AM
I haven't a lot of time so far to spend on this, but just wanted to through some initial feedback out...

1) Amazing job so far guys, definitely some good story telling. I really enjoyed the aspect of recruiting your bridge officers into your "crew". It added some depth to who they are and why they are there.

2) The tutorial felt very good as both a story introduction and a means of introducing a player to the controls.

3) So far I've been playing on Elite through all the missions and everything seems ok, with the exception that the drop rarity doesn't seem to be any different. Honestly I'm completely cursed when it comes to STOs random number generator however on Holodeck running elite I'll usually get a blue drop at least once in 3-4 missions and so far haven't seen one.

Overall I really hope to see the kind of story telling and character development continued through the game moving forward. It felt like there was a genuine effort made to avoid the simply "Scan 5 things/Kill 5 things" style of gameplay.

As far as bugs I never encountered anything that stood out to me. While I'm not a big fan of the new UI it proved to be functional and working as I would expect. I hate the flat feel which is the new trend (Windows should never be a model to steal designs from) but from a functionality stand point it worked.

I look forward to continuing through the allied missions. Overall excellent job so far!
=/\= ================================= =/\=
Captain Ariel Trueheart Department of Temporal Investigations
U.S.S. Valkyrie - NCC 991701
=/\= ================================= =/\=