View Single Post
Republic Veteran
# 345
04-22-2013, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
The OP is disgruntled to learn that the Roms only start with 1 free ship per Tier. I understand that sentiment, but the Roms are a micro-faction test bed. The Rom ships are very cool, and more versatile then Fed or KDF ships - the Singularity Cores are nice.

Plus STO has changed a lot over the years. The goal of STO now is to get players at end-game as quickly as possible. Thus there's not a lot of need to have many ship choices at each Tier now. You can go from 1 to 50 in less then 20 /played hour now due to the amount of XP you earn while playing.

More ship choices per Tier aren't going to make the leveling experience that much more enjoyable, primarily because Warbirds are more unique and because you're not going to be in any particular ship all that long. Just look at the playtest. There are people at level 20 just from the first couple of days of playing.
I'm alright with it though i wish there were some remen designed ships not just skins, though I'm looking forward to them. But honestly what disappointing me the most about warbirds is the lack of variants. To let me customize my ship to be fairly unique.

But that's my only grip about my mogai turns fast and dishes some lovely damage , can't wait fly other ships or hopefully get a hold of a scimitar.