View Single Post
Captain
# 13
04-23-2013, 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deokkent View Post
Phased tetryon with omega set, tachyon beam, energy siphon and maxed out flow capacitors?

Oh nvm, people hate tachyon beam.
who hates tachyon beam?

i dont recall anyone saying they hate it... just thats its friggin useless.

even after the extra arc itll be useless, not as badly because the wider arc but still pretty useless for a couple reasons-

1- damage is over 5 seconds, the moment the target goes out of arc/you get interupted/they disappear/your aux gets disabled, the beam ends with full cooldown.

2- dispite over 200+ points in flow caps you will never get above 7k shield drain before resists. after resists thats only about 3500 (basic skill tree resists plus a little from a deflector). you can get that kind of drain from the tractor beam and doff with the upside of it being a tractor beam.

so again i say, its not hated... it really is just useless.

even with my full "OMG HOW MANY SHIELD DRAINS DO YOU HAVE" build it was fairly useless against anyone but the greenest of pvp'rs (ie someone who took not points in drain resists).

tetryon weapons i think also kinda blow in that not enough damage/or not enough chance for the damage. theyre just not that great with shield regen being so high.

tetryon weapons should have been from the start how their fluff text says "reduces shield resists". theyd be a great compliment to people taking distruptors if they had a similar proc. or maybe a dot to shields rather then a single plink to the shields.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?