View Single Post
Lieutenant
# 113
04-23-2013, 09:23 AM
This should be pretty easy. All they need to do is take the lt commander engineer from the Galaxy and make him a tactical to show that the D'deridex is more combat focused than the Galaxy.

Then you'd have less survivability but more alpha strike punch from having access to teir 3 tac abilities, which jives well with the "decloak and fire" design philosophy.

Then you just do the same for the consoles. Move one of the sciences to tactical to show that it's a Warbird and not a "Scansgaseousanomoliesbird".

So in the end you have

lt tac, lt cm tac

cm eng

lt sci

en eng

4 eng consoles
3 tac consoles
2 sci consoles

Now it feels like a battlecruiser/warship like it's supposed to be, and not an explorer and research vessel like the Galaxy.

The turn rate is fine, it should be slow given how big it is. It should also however have shield and hull points to likewise reflect how big it is.

I'd also argue for a 5/3 weapon split front to back instead of the usual 4/4 as the Warbirds always struck me as having a forward weapon facing bias. That's pie in the sky stuff that'll never happen though. I'll be happy if it doesn't get saddled with 4/3.