View Single Post
Captain
# 22
04-23-2013, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirokk View Post
I seem to survive well enough in my bug with my eng. Of the 6 days I've done the mission, I died twice.

I am using the bug because it has decent hull, 4 eng console slots and has 5 tactical console slots. I pulled off the Polaron cannons and converted it into a Transphasic torp boat for this mission to ensure that I inflict primarily kinetic damage for the Crystalline Catastrophe event.

I gathered together what I already had and bought a couple more Transphasic consoles:

Front: 2x Rapid Fire Trans torps, 2x Breen Torp Cluster Torp
Rear: 1x Transphasic Mine Mk XI Uncommon, 1x Tricobalt Mine Mk XI and KCB

Devices: Shield batteries

Eng: 3x Neutronium Alloy Mk XII, Borg Assimilated Console
Sci: Field Gen Mk XI Rare
Tactical: 5x Transphaic Compressors consoles Mk XI

Shields, Engine and Deflector: Jem'Hadar Set Mk XI

Using Torpedo spread, Dispersal Pattern Beta, Transfer Shield Strength and sometimes EPtE and EPtS.

I should probably try moving the Breen Torps to the back and have more Rapid fire Torps up front to try to get a better torp spread volley but the shared cooldowns would probably hinder this.

It's not a finely tuned set but it works well enough to buzz the Entity, do torp spread of the Rapid Trans torps and mines and survive. This has been a very fun setup of not using any beams, except the KCB, just bypassing shields on NPCs and banging the heck out of them!

Anyways, I thought I'd just share.
Use 3x Projectile DOffs with your Rapid Fire Trans, and you'll be rocketing those and the Cluster torps off with alarming frequency.
The first we heard of getting new PvP maps "soon" was in August of 2010. We're consistently told something will be coming with the "next" update. Absolutely nothing has come to PvP since launch.

I think it's finally time Cryptic stopped stringing us along, don't you?