View Single Post
Empire Veteran
# 80
04-25-2013, 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Put that Engineer in a Warbird. Compare the amount of subsystem power the Romulan Engineer will have compared to the Tac/Sci in that Warbird.
Hmm, that is a good point. They would have an interesting advantage compared to the other classes.

Unfortunately, that still only applies to engineers, and only ones flying Warbirds. That still wouldn't count for lockbox ships, along with all the Fed and KDF ships. Plus beams are still junk in PvP, and an engineer wouldn't be bringing in anything majorly special still.

Don't misunderstand, not trying to tear your example apart, it is a fine example of what an engineer can do to boost a ship, and it's given me ideas on my eventual Romulan engy, but...it's also not a lot to help the ship out.

Spec and gear can undo much, if not all of that -10 power across the board, regardless of class. We haven't seen min-maxed Warbirds yet. We could find out that -10 could be a major hurt for them, or barely even worth mentioning with how the ship might end up being. With how easy it is to achieve high power with any ship and any class, I guess we'll find out, eh?

At least maybe flying a D'deridex won't be such a pain though.