View Single Post
Captain
# 18
04-25-2013, 04:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crownvic2door View Post
Whatever happened to just learning to play the game instead of nerfing every bloody thing in sight? If you PVP against somebody that has amazing healing ability's congratulate them and move on...Same with weapons DPS, sometimes I cant hold my own...fact of life, again congratulate that they found something that works for them and move on...Whining for nerfs from big brother is getting hella old...Worst is Big brother is listening and is actually wanted to do this kind of garbage! Its maddening I say ...MADDENING! when they nerfed my Borg shields what did I get in return? anything?

Nope.
Whining about whining is just as bad, you know

If you'll take a moment to look instead of generalizing, a people are calling for buffs to certain things or "nerfs" to bring them back into balance. DHCs far outclass everything else (more than they should for their limited arc), so you'll find that people are calling for Beams and Dual Cannons to be buffed. Sci abilities are resisted too heavily, so we're calling for the resistances to be reduced instead of the actual powers buffed since that would make them OP against someone who is running 0 resists.

When they nerfed Borg shields, you got... more choices for shields instead of being pigeon holed into choosing one thing. Like now, I want to use the Borg or some other type of shields... but if I'm gimping myself if I don't use Elite Fleet shields, since they're just so amazing compared to everything else. Bringing them (and other things) back to down to an equal footing allows for more variety and interesting/fun playstyles.
The first we heard of getting new PvP maps "soon" was in August of 2010. We're consistently told something will be coming with the "next" update. Absolutely nothing has come to PvP since launch.

I think it's finally time Cryptic stopped stringing us along, don't you?