View Single Post
Starfleet Veteran
# 78
04-25-2013, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
TI is far, far more powerful than any old SNB. First off, nice try, but TI has a 20 second duration, not 10. Secondly, it's an AOE. Thirdly, it cannot be cleared like SNB can.

Unless your team completely sucks, using TI guarantees a kill by slowing down the focused target and creating a giant gap (more like chasm) in cross healing. It's an I-Win button, plain and simple.
Thanks for the correction -- Temporal Inversion does last 20 seconds, but it does not strip out all existing buffs like SNB does. Its slow-effect is countered by AP-Omega. The 5km radius AoE seems to be reasonable given the raw expense of the Temporal Warfare set and its imposed ship build requirements.

As far as an TI being an I-Win button -- if that were the case, I would not have lost any matches against the fleet HEC I was dueling a few nights ago. Yes, TI is powerful, but not impossible to beat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
Good luck PSWing someone when they are moving several times faster than you are.

Also, if it really became an issue you could just protect the TI user with an Aux2ID or Omega. Worth it for an all but guaranteed kill.
Sounds like a perfect job for a Nadion Detonator Console