View Single Post
Career Officer
# 23
04-27-2013, 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fernandojimenez View Post
Romulans are not a real faction, we are Fed or KDF mercenaries. We can't play Romulan episodes together.

Sad, very sad .
I'm at the point where i call it an species unlock with a huge epic Origin Story (something that all other non default Species are lacking, i'd let a Vulcan start at Vulcan and let him play the first 10 levels there, so he doesn't feel 1:1 like a Caitian or Ferengi)

Origin Stories are awesome for replayability... but Endgame is the exact same.

Lets assume for just a moment they would release a Cardassian Faction now, instead of the Romulan Faction.

Once the first 1 - 49 levels are forgotten, you sit at Endgame and work for the FEDs... in your Galor Class... with a DS9-ish looking UI... Cardy DOffs, Cardy BOffs, some extra powers and special weapons....
Now where exactly is the difference to just simply using a LockBox Ship, with an Alien Gen Char Cardy, Alien Gen Char BOffs that look like Cardies, DOffs from the Officer Exchange/Exchanges etc. ... by that definition i'm already flying a Cardassian FACTION Captain, a Ferengi FACTION Captain and a Dominion FACTION Captain.

The more factions there are, the more silly the idea of shoveling everyone into FED+KDF RED and BLUE will become.
So in 10 Years when we are done with the obvious candidates and the game is still going strong... and Borg / Unding Factions become a topic... will we ally THEM to the FED/KDF too???

While i think it is awesome what they delivered, i wish they would at least tell us definately that that they at least PLAN to improve the Faction by separating them step by step.

And most of all, if the Romulan Faction no matter the ally has identical Mission Journals, just let them team up and play together!
FEDs and KDFs can join Romulan Allies in their missions, so you can play with your friends who don't roll a Romulan... but you can't play with your Friends who DO roll a Romulan and press the other button?

You do not want to fracture the Playerbase from FED+KDF into a third faction? ok i get that, it is all still experimental and you don't know if enough players will even play Romulans (of course they will, what else is there to do? Nukara Rep? oh please...) but yet they are instantly fracturing the Romulan Faction into Fromulans and Kromulans at level 10.

Very twisted logic...

It isn't THAT hard to let FED+KDF just team up together to make this a non-issue.
You can still lock out FEDs from pure KDF content and the other way around...
We can team up together for a lot of Endgame Content already, by queue.
Now go the extra step and let us team up in a "TEAM".

Feds+KDFs wanted that for Borg Red Alerts / Defera / Nukara / Eppoh Tagging for a while now anyway.