View Single Post
Survivor of Remus
# 32
04-29-2013, 12:56 AM
Like you, OP, I was hoping to play as part of the Romulan Star Empire. In fact, before the details were announced, I would bet a majority of people would assume playable Romulans meant the RSE. The RSE Romulans from the shows are what defined what it means to be a Romulan. Alas, that is not what they wanted to give us.

I would love to see a Romulan defection happen. It's probably the thing I want most in this game, now that we're stuck as Romulan Refugees.

Unfortunately, I don't think it'll ever happen. To be honest, I just don't think Cryptic has the drive to do it. (And yes, you may take that as a challenge, devs, I would love to be wrong) It's my opinion that they don't like to admit when they've made a mistake/terrible decision, and further that they tend to maneuver around their mistakes rather than fix them. (For example, when people were upset over not getting a Romulan starbase, they suggested in the future we'll get a Romulan "Fleet Holding" instead. No Romulan Starbase, but we'll add a Romulan Clubhouse for you.)

Doing this defection would require you giving up any unique faction stuff you got from Feds/KDF, including ships, consoles, gear, pets, titles, accolades, etc. That's a lot of work that isn't going to earn them $$, not to mention all the unique Romulan stuff they'd have to replace it with.

This is just the direction they decided to take the Romulans and, whether we like it or not, I think that's all we're going to get. Hold onto that hope though, OP, I sympathize with you.