View Single Post
Survivor of Romulus
# 180
04-30-2013, 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaalom View Post
I am a huge fan of the Klingons, but in sto I did not feel that I was stepping into that universe, except on rare occasions. They can complete the leveling experience, but I think it would be prudent to give all KDF ships battle cloak. This I think would help out the faction. Right now I just do not see the Uniqueness of the Klingons, or as the op said whats the reason to make a klingon now.
The Romulans have always had better cloaks. So them having BC is ok by me.

I'd like to mention a couple of things about the uniqueness.
The Klingon Bird of Prey will remain the only ship in STO with BC and all universal Boff stations. When you're facing a Romulan BoP you'd know what to expect, while facing a Klingon one you can always be suprised.
Then, the Klingon Bird of Prey will remain the class of ships with the best turn rate in STO. The Romulan BoP will have 17 or 18 (ones that test on Tribble may correct me if I'm wrong) turn rate, while the Klingon BoP turn rate ranges from 21 to 23.

Then, all Romulan ships will have battlecloak, but the turn rate of each class of Romulan ships compared to the same class of Fed./KDF ships is quite lower. Also, they use thie 'Singularity Core' gimmick which costs them -10 to all subsystems. While the singularity core provides the Romulans with 5 additional powers, they have to charge it while in combat, has 1 min. cooldown before it starts recharging and even loses the charge power while their ship is cloaked. On the other hand, our Matter-Antimater warp core will enhance the power output levels in our subsystems.
Personally, this makes me believe that the Klingon battlecruisers will in fact remain the best cruisers in STO. I know that after this I'd choose a Klingon battlecruiser over the Romulan gimmicks any day of the week.

So, I do believe that the unique points of the KDF ship rooster - customizable raiders and highly-manuverable and yet powerfull cruisers will remain unique to the KDF.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!