Thread: An Alternative
View Single Post
Commander
# 30
04-30-2013, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starblade7 View Post
I believe most people's confusion about the Dreadnought Cruiser comes about from not being able to fly it as aggressively as they would like. This is because of the Cruiser class archetype being focussed on tanking, rather than damage-dealing, resulting from the games core balancing scheme. It is widely acknowledged that this balance is not a perfect representation of Trek lore, but does strive to get as close as possible.

That said, if I had the opportunity to redesign the Dreadnought Cruiser, I would do so by adjusting the BOff layout to the following:

* Commander Engineering
* Lt. Engineering
* Lt. Com. Tactical
* Lt. Science
* Ens. Universal

This layout provides enough flexibility that the Dreadnought will be able to more damage through Tac abilities, particularly a Lt. Com. Tac ability such as Beam Overload 3, Torpedo High Yield 3, or Cannon Rapid Fire 2. The universal Ensign slot allows for customisation depending on the player's preference.

I would also add a one more Tactical or Science console (the realm of 5x Eng consoles can be left for Fleet Galaxy Retrofit) to bring this in line with the latest generation of 10-console ships (which cost the same amount of Zen as the Dread, coincidently). Alternatively, these stats alongside a 10% hull/shield boost, would work well as a Fleet Dreadnought Cruiser. Its current turn rate should be kept as a balancing factor.
See I dont look at the Dread as just a crusier, to me it is a tactical cruiser, like an oddy, only with less slots and configured like a Eng cruiser, though I like your reworked layout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sechserpackung View Post
Option 1:

The cloak gets integrated without loosing a console slot.
Gal-X and Defiant loose turn rate and hit points

All Klingon ships with a cloack gain +1 Tac console slot

Option 2:

Cloak gets integrate with loss of console slot.
Gal-X and Defiant loose turn rate, hit points and a tac concolse slot

Option 3:

No changes.
Wow, I can almost smell the KDF FTW in this post man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendragon527 View Post
What? So you want a free battle cloak then? And an extra console? It's an attack oriented ship, it isn't really meant for science, that's what you give up by not flying a science ship :\ .

@sechserpackung, if the cloak is in the ships' science slots why are you trying to penalize their tactical slots?
I would kind of have to agree the Defiant is not a sciencey ship, however it should be a Tactical Orientated ship as it is one of the Federation's only real warships, the other being the Dread of course.